Ko-kard is a payment option for workers in the Philippines only. The advantages of using ko-kard are:
- You can send automatically from your bank card in countries such as the US, Australia, UK.
- Potentially a lower cost than PayPal. The cost is $7 per transfer which compares with 4% for standard transfers and 2% for MassPay.
- Employees receive money in their local currency (pesos) which saves them money
- Workers don’t need a bank account to receive the money. They will be sent a card in the mail and they can withdraw money from an ATM using this card.
- The currency exchange rate is potentially lower than PayPal. They don’t give a specific rate but say that it should always be the same or better than PayPal.
How to set up ko-kard
- Click the activation button to turn it “on” in your payroll settings page
- Click on the link to sign up for ko-kard. You will then need to enter your account details and verify your account within the ko-kard.com website
- Select each staff member that you want to pay via ko-kard
- Make sure to log into the ko-kard.com website and add each of these staff members. They will be then sent a card.
- At the end of each payroll you will need to download a spreadsheet and then use the details to send payment amounts within the ko-kard.com website. We do not have a direct integration at this stage, so you will need to do everything within their website. If you would like to request that we work on the integration please contact Staff.com support.